S.O.U.L. ......Shetland & Orkney Udal Law group.
Draft Aims & Objectives:-
This is a draft document open to suggestion and is intended to stimulate open discussion. SOUL is set up to serve the interests of the people of Shetland and its stated aims may well change in response to public will.
- The primary aim of SOUL is to regain control of our sea and seabed, out to the continental shelf edge, under Udal Law.
- Assert the right to freedom from the Crown Estate Commissioners illegal sea and seabed tax in Shetland & Orkney, under Udal Law.
- Promote sensible ideas for the crofting industry to secure its future under Udal Law.
- Address the illegal exploitation of our finite oil reserves.
- Find a way of incorporating all the above in a new relationship between Shetland and Orkney, and the UK and EU.
Coupled with these aims are the following objectives:
- Work with fishermen and scientists to set up a proper fish conservation programme that will work towards a sustainable fishery for our fishing fleet.
- Secure a locally controlled Shetland & Orkney Maritime Zone.
S.O.U.L. is a non-profit, non-political voluntary organisation working on behalf of the people of Shetland and Orkney. This website is intended to stimulate open discussion and will inevitably change as we find out more.